CHEMICALS – RESIN AND PREPREG
Gigantex develops different epoxy resin systems, from high-impact resistance, ultra stiffness to high Tg system, to fit varieties of product needs. To ensure the conformity of the resin system on each batch, each batch of resin system is tested in our chemical lab with the following procedures.
- Gel Permeation Chromatography ( GPC ) : To certify polymer molecular weight and molecular weight distribution.
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry ( DSC ) : DSC offers typical thermal analytical measurements to realize resin chemistry/morphology behavior such as melting point, glass transition point, thermal dispersion path, crystallization behavior, etc.
The determining factor of a resin system character is its chemical formulation. The resin is composed of epoxy, hardener, catalyst, and more. As a matrix that bonds reinforcement fiber together, shares the loads, receives impact forces, it is an unbreakable part for a good composite structure. Hence, the uniformity of each batch is critical and therefore has to be verified repeatedly through our chemical test lab.
SO FAR, DIFFERENT TYPES OF RESIN SYSTEMS HAVE BEEN DEVELOPED HERE IN HOUSE:
- Toughened Epoxy
- High Temperature Resistant Epoxy
- Nano-tube Epoxy
- Epoxy for Wind Generator Blade
- Epoxy Resin for Artificial Wood